Saturday, June 15, 2013

Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community: Internationally


 
UNICEF is committed to providing the most unique protection of children that are affected by war, disasters, poverty on the extreme, those which have been witness on victim of violence/exploitation and young children with disabilities.  They have a community of practice that caught my eye.  ISSA is also international learning community that works in collaboration with UNICEF.  It is a learning community that allows professionals to share their ideas.  ISSA works on-line communication as well as meetings in person. 
 
I would be interested in working as a policy analyst.  In order to be competent in this position, I would need to be up-to-date with policies and current issues.  I need to be able to research various points of view to understand the thinking of early childhood professionals globally.
 
 
 


The International Early Childhood Education was established in India.  It was developed to find ways to fix the major issues that exist in early childhood education in India.   The ICF understands the culture in India to help develop the best solutions for early childhood education.  Research is needed to assess the progress children are making in India in early childhood education.  I would be interested as a professional development trainer.  In order to be competent as a professional development trainer, I will need to be effective and understand how culture affects me directly.  I need to understand the adult learning theory.  As a trainer, I will be teaching adults ways to implement their ideas to benefit the young children and their families in India.  In order to be competent at this job, I need to be a reflective listener to hear all points of view.  I need to be able to build relationships and collaborate.
 
 



Education International represents teachers and educational staff around the world.  They play a large part in uniting teachers globally.  Education International speaks up for those who work in the field of education.  Their goals are to help with quality education, bring the interests of teachers includes those working in education and creating an equal society.  Education International appeals to me due to their passion of being the voice for professionals that work in education.  Currently, they have a receptionist position available in Brussels.  The position requires me to be able to speak English fluently and be able to speak French or Spanish.  I need to be able to work collaboratively and build relationships through my skills to communicate.  I need to have the ability to work in a fast pace atmosphere. 
 
 

 
MAASE is a community of practice which collaborates with all educators and community partners to find ground breaking techniques that will assist students wit disabilities reach their full potential.  MAASE is a professional educational organization in the state of Michigan.  This organization is a part of the Special Education community.  They work collaboratively with the Council of Exceptional Children.  MAASE gives opportunities for professional development to the leadership staff involved with special education.  They currently have a position to be the Early On and Family Services Supervisor which interests me.  I need to be able to collaborate with various department and agencies.  I need to be able to conduct research to find the necessary information from professional journals and be able to write reports or procedure for manuals.  I need to be able to communicate clearly and continue to be reflective in order to communicate clearly. 
 
 


"It takes a village to raise a child." -African Proverb-

2 comments:

  1. Great post Ro. I started to write about UNICEF as well. I really like what that organization is doing. But I believe this is my first time hearing about ISSA. From what I have read thus far, I like it! Thank you for sharing your findings. Keep up the good work! God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rohzawne,
    Thank you for your very informational post. I did not know about 3 of the 4 organizations that you listed and so now I have more knowledge than I did before reading your post! Education International sounds like a worthy organization and it is nice to see that there is an organization set up to advocate for teachers (we should have more of them). I was just wondering, does International Early Childhood Education only work in India or does it have other bases globally as well? Thanks again for your post. I will be checking into these other organizations.

    ReplyDelete

"It takes a village to raise a child."
-African Proverb-